Area Architect Digital Platform Foundation
As the Area Architect of the Digital Platform Foundation, you will work on a banking product being used by millions of customers. You will be helping to build microservices and web applications that make digital banking possible worldwide. You will work together with more than 50 DevOps teams to develop and manage the online channels of the company.
The digital platform is based on modern web technology. The mobile platform incorporates this web-based platform and extends it by providing native apps for iOS and Android with additional security measures, and by integrating tightly with the mobile platforms the apps run on.
As an Area Architect, you will contribute to the digital transformation of the bank within such an area and will be the driving force behind developments, such as Open Banking. All development is done within the cloud using the latest cutting-edge technology.
In the area Foundation we provide the building blocks, libraries, frameworks and platforms for hundreds of other development teams in the bank to realize their digital features with, ranging from front-end to back-end, and from CI/CD pipelines to AB-testing and monitoring in production. You will be a part in bringing this platform to the next level, by supporting developers to bring their features to production and operate them with ever-increasing efficiency and quality, and by leading and coaching the architecture team!
- You have 8+ years extensive experience with working in large organizations on complex technological landscapes
- 5+ years of experience with customer-facing web applications in enterprise environments
- You know how to build systems that are easy to operate and maintain and that can last a long time while undergoing changes continuously.
- You have experience with the full lifecycle of software, using modern techniques like microservices and fully automated pipelines.
- You have demonstrable experience with growing and running platforms for developers that support the full software lifecycle of software.
- You have knowledge of current front-end technologies, both native (iOS, Android) and web.
- You have knowledge of current back-end technologies (Java) and cloud (Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services)
- You have at minimum a completed (technical) bachelor degree
- You are familiar with the rituals of Agile / Scrum
- You have an opinion and an open view on the future, comfortable to liase with various stakeholders
EU citizens are welcome to apply, we will provide a relocation package if needed